This website is administered by Niagara Bus Tours & Charters, 90 Burhamthorpe Road West, Suite 1400, Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C3 Canada. (“ToNiagara”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Niagara Bus Tours & Charters acts as data controller of our customers’ and website users’ (“you”, “your”) personal data.
Niagara Bus Tours & Charters is committed to safeguarding your personal data. We believe it is important for you to know what types of information we collect from our website and how we treat information we may receive from you.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and store the following types of personal information about you when you use our website and contact us in relation to our products and services:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card details, company details and job position (if applicable);
- Information that you provide for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request or to send you product information and offers, emails or newsletters;
- Information in connection with communications you send us, for example to report a problem or submit queries;
- Details of the functions and services you select or use on the website;
SOURCES OF THE DATA WE COLLECT
We collect data from a variety of sources:
1. When you purchase tickets from our online booking facility.
2. When you request information or subscribe to our newsletter.
3. When you speak to our customer service representatives.
We may also automatically collect information such as the type of internet browser and operating system you use, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the website from which you linked to our website and the website you visit as you leave this website. We use this information to collect broad demographic information about the visitors to the website and to improve the website’s content and to help us understand how users are interacting with the website and services provided.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website during your browsing session or on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. For more information on cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
www.toniagara.com uses the following types of cookies:
Third-party cookies, specifically Google Analytics Cookies. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Own cookies, temporary and only for the purpose of keeping the session while browsing once you have logged on the web.
Strictly necessary cookies, to allow you to browse the website and use its essential functions. These cookies do not collect any information about your navigation that may be used by marketing actions or to remember which pages you have browsed.
Accepting, refusing or restricting cookies
You can configure your internet browser to warn you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you may make a decision whether to accept or reject it. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. The Help or Internet Settings function within your browser should tell you how. Please note that some parts of our website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience and to provide the services you have requested. By using our website and providing your personal information, you agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the products, services and customer support you request and expect;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions policies
- Manage, customize and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Develop web statistics and demographic information
- Provide you with information about our services.
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
The information you provide may also be used to contact you when necessary. This may be to notify you about functionality changes to the website and to offer you services that you may find helpful, based on your communication preferences and provided that you have not opted out of receiving such services.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share, sell, or lease personal information about you with or to any third parties for their marketing use.
We may disclose personal information to provide our products and services, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, and protect our rights and property. The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with affiliated companies (service providers and/or other companies in the same group as ToNiagara) if this is necessary to provide you with products and services, respond to your inquiries, for any other related purposes, to send you marketing (only where you have specifically consented to this), or for any other legitimate business purposes. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to the disclosure of your personal data as described above.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Companies we have instructed to provide services for us;
- Other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the website, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person); and
- Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Opt-Ins and Opt-Outs
If you provide us with personal information, you will be given a choice at the time to “opt in” to certain uses that we or specified affiliates may intend, such as sending you newsletters, updated information about us, our services and offers or our website, by checking the relevant box.
If you do subscribe via our website to a mailing list for newsletters, updates or marketing from us, you will have the right to unsubscribe or “opt out” at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. To unsubscribe just send an e-mail to email@example.com with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the website.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
You, acting for yourself or through your parents, legal guardians, or legal representatives, may exercise your rights to access, rectify or object to processing of your personal data by contacting ToNiagara at the address below, using the reference “Privacy”.
90 Burhamthorpe Road West, Suite 1400
Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C3